Cost of setting up plantain plantations on one acre of lamd

Below are quotation for the breakdown of setting up a plantain
plantation on one acre of land.

1stly, clearing is the first to do after land have been acquire. The cost of clearing is variable from one area to
another. I don't know about your own side, but I can talk from my own side.  Aboki collect sum of N4000 to clear a plot.  In case of one acre,  six plots make an acre. That mean that you pay N24,000 to clear
one acre.

2ndly, Hybrid plantain sucker should be put in place. To get this is not issue. Just call me I will provide you highly yield plantain sicker at affordable price of N80 per sucker that imply that you spend
N80,000 per 1000 suckers because you need one thousand suckers of
plantain on one acre of land.

3rdly, Transport. The cost of transporting plantain suckers withing Lagos and Ogun state is between 15-20k. For 1000 to 2000 suckers.

4thly, planting of plantain sucker. The cost are variable but it is advisable to contact those who clear the land for you initially to do the planting and give them change. But in case you hire my team, we
need to travel down to your farm and we charge N30 per sucker. That mean you spend 30k to plant 1000 suckers.


5th,  clearing of weed. this shall be done twice first in 2-3 and 5-7 months the fee here have been added to the clearing charge. #24,000 at rate of #4000
workers.

The last is application of fertilizer. i strongly advise you to make
use of poultry waste. You can get this one free or you can buy it, let
assume 5000 for this
Lastly,  harvest.

Total money spend =N200,000
Anticipate income, the price of plantain bunches are variable depend
on size of it bunches. the smallest bunches sold for N700 while
biggest bunches sold for N 1400
average bunches should be N1050 let assume you have 900 bunches apart
from one you intend to dash out and those who die in process of
planting. Then you realize sum of N900k after harvest. Then remove
your invest money on it N200,000
you are left with N700,000.
Now know that next coming planting season you don't have to invest on
plantain farming again especially in area of plantain sucker.
automatically you have enough sucker for next planting season,
meanwhile you too can sell your suckers to any farmer who approach you
or you use it to expand your farm.
I this this quotation and explanation will be helpful to you.
if you are not clear on any area feel free to contact me.


Best regard

35 Comments

  1. Is the offer for suckers at #80/one still available? I would like to buy from you and also use your staff for the planting as long as they are hybrid suckers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes still available when did you intend to plant, anytime you are ready you can call or chat me via below mobile or whatsapp messanger on the same mobile. telephone. 08065987841

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Good morning please I will like to discuss something about farmers with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This my Whatsapp mobile +2348065987831 may be networked is bad when you search. You can also send your inquiries via email. msg4lekan@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. But I can't find you on wattsApp

    ReplyDelete
  5. U can call the same mobile then I search your mobile on Whatsapp, in case network is bad you will find it difficult to get new contact on Whatsapp...08065987831

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Am with you, you calle or send me email via my email address: msg4lekan@gmail.com

      Delete
  7. Has anything changed regarding the cost?

    ReplyDelete
  8. please which area are you

    ReplyDelete
  9. My farm is at ode-lemo few minutes drive from Sabo Sagamu

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for your simple, practical and very insightful analysis. Please, what's the lifespan or period of optimum yield of plantain and how does one go about overhauling the farm when it's time?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Plantain is ready for harvest 9-10 months after planting. After that another sucker will be growing be the side of parent. If the farm is maintained within 6-8months another plantain will be ready for harvest at the same spot.
    This can be repeated for 5-6 years depend on quality of the soil.. some soil are so poor that within 3 years it will less produce unless fertilizer is apply....
    If you are intend to use d land for something else you can overhaul the whole plantain by total remove the whole root or apply chemical call 2-4 D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning sir, I've been to ode Lemo before I did my fpy there, I'm a graduate of funaab, sir I would like to know if you can assist me with a good fertile land for plantain farming I would like to lease it for about 6 years and how much would be the cost thank you.

      Delete
    2. sir, i am very sorry i donot involve in land matter so far you have done your farm practical there you should have use with one or two people within the community you can contact them for land issue

      Delete
  12. Thanks for the info
    Do you use irrigation on your farm?
    May I have an idea of the cost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i dont irrigate my farm an to location, it very close to stream... but in case you need irrigation you need to contact plumber around you to give you idea and cost of setting up irrigation on your farm

      Delete
  13. Hello! I am in the South, Akwa Ibom State particularly, please how possible is it to get your services here, especially the purchase of the hybrid plantain suckers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i can send it via public bus to your farm over there. the cost of transport depend on quantities you need.

      Delete
  14. is this your number still active(08065987831)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is my hotline, in case u call and couldn't able to to reach me that mean I am inside farm, network was so poor in my farm. You can send me Whatsapp offline msg. Or send me email via : msg4lekan@gmail.com

      Delete
  15. hello. as a starter. is it advisable to start with 10 acres? please i need update just to know how many sucker to buy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes u can start with 10 acres of land if you have financial muscle to take care of d farm.
    As per sucker you need, depend of distance you choose to plant. In case you make use of 8×8ft you will need up till 900 suckers per acre. On 10 acres you need uptill 9000 suckers

    ReplyDelete
  17. http://m.itlinker.net/p44147/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Is the cost of plantain suckers still the same price @#80 each?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Olalekan,

    I just finished planting my 10 acre farm this September. 70% of the land is virgin so I didnt apply fertilizer. We planted 8,000 suckers.

    At what stage can I add fertilizer to the farm now considering we are now in the dry season and I dont have irrigation?

    I intend to add wood ash and poultry manure to the farm to serve as mulch and reduce growth of weed. At what point can I do this?

    Thanks alot.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Please Mr Olalekan,I have some questions,what is the average farm gate price of plaintain? After the plaintain matures and produce fruit and its harvested, how long would it take it to produce and harvest again, And can you give me a breakdown cost on starting plantain farming on a hectare of land. Sorry for the questions sir,Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for your contribution. I've learned a lot from your material. By the way, my name is Nehwon MacPherson David, a Liberian and a vegetable farmer. Given the bad road condition in my country, which has made us to lost considerably on our vegetable produce, I am fighting to transition to plantain farming. I am based in Nimba County, Northern Liberia. Currently, my team has cleared about 13 acres of land. We intend to use about 10 acres for plantain and the remaining 3 for pepper, the one I know best. We don't have a technician who will help us with the hybreed suckers, however, our local varieties are quite great. As such we have endeavored to buying the local varieties. But in setting up the farm, I would like to know how many suckers make up an acre. This information will help us to rightfully set up our farm in order to make it look more attractive and beautiful. Secondly, owning to the large nature of our farm, we would appreciate were you help link us to potential markets, as well let us dos relative to value addition. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon, as we wish to begin planting following our land preparation a month from now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello thanks for that wonderful teaching Smith pls I have just a plot can I start with that

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello thanks for the exposition, I have a plot of land ,and I will need a adviser with a good PoC,in starting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello thanks , i am interested in setting up a plantain farm , i am looking at 1 acre , i will need your advise and how do i get the hybrid plantain sucker and what is the rate at present .

    ReplyDelete
  25. hello,i need about 900 treated suckers for an acre of land....how much do you sell your suckers and are they treated,where is your office located and do you make deliveries..you can reply on my mail address adamilola411@gmail.com PLease respond ASAP

    ReplyDelete